Livestream Kanikapila - February 26, 2022 #2
The Livestream Kanikapila on February 26, 2022 was broadcast live from Hiro's Ohana Grill on Molokai. The first segment featured Molokai Hui musicians Sterling Kalua, Kevin Hallinan, Fred Reyes, Uncle Benny de Luna, Kini Christie, Jeff Ballard, and Molokai steel guitarist Victor Patron. The second segment featured live performances by steel guitarists Kapono Lopes and Mālie Lyman with Alan Akaka, Pomaika‘i Keawe and Helene Woodward.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or swipe or use controls for slideshow.
- At the Mokulele Air terminal waiting for their flight: From left: Helene Woodward, Mālie Lyman, Kapono Lopes, Pomaikaʻi Keawe, and Alan Akaka.
- Aboard the aircraft: Alan Akaka, Mālie Lyman, Kapono Lopes, Pomaikaʻi Keawe, and Helene Woodward.
- Arrived in Molokai! Mālie, Kapono, Pomaikaʻi, Helene, and Aan.
- Molokai greets you!
- A friendly traffic reminder.
- A short food refueling stop at Molokai Drugs on Kamoi Street.
- A little musical interlude for the Mikamis at Molokai Drugs.
- Alan with the friendly druggist at Molokai Drugs.
- The Molokai Hui. From left: Kevin Hallinan, Fred Reyes, Sterling Kalua, Jeff Ballard, Kini Christie, and Victor Patron. Missing: Uncle Benny de Luna.
- Kevin Hallinan, Fred Reyes, Uncle Benny de Luna, Sterling Kalua, Jeff Ballard, Kini Christie, and Victor Patron.
- Kini Christie with Victor Patron on the steel guitar. In the rear: Kevin, Sterling, Fred, Uncle Benny, and Jeff.
- The Molokai Hui.
- Molokai steel guitarist Victor Patron with the Molokai Hui.
- Ke Kula Mele student Ted Meister from Petaluma, California, and Alan Akaka.
- Alan with guests at Hiroʻs ʻOhana Grill.
- Rooms at the Hotel Molokai.
- Steel guitarists Alan Akaka and Molokaiʻs Victor Patron.
- Alan Akaka, Kapono Lopes, Helene Woodward, Pomaikaʻi Keawe, and Mālie Lyman.
- Alan Akaka and Fred Reyes.
Back to Gallery
All photos by Alan Akaka used with permission. All photos ©2022 by HIMELE.